Veg fried rice is a popular Chinese dish made with rice and vegetables. It is a quick and easy dish that can be made with whatever vegetables you have on hand. Veg fried rice is a versatile dish that can be served as a main course or as a side dish. It is also a great way to use up leftover rice.
- 2 cups cooked rice, chilled
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the carrot and bell pepper and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the peas and cook for 1 minute more.
- Push the vegetables to the side of the pan.
- Stir in the cooked rice, soy sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Cook until the rice is heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- For a crispier fried rice, use day-old rice.
- If you don’t have frozen peas, you can use fresh peas, but cook them for a few minutes before adding them to the pan.
- You can add any vegetables you like to veg fried rice, such as broccoli, mushrooms, or corn.
- If you want a spicier fried rice, add a pinch of red chilli flakes.
Veg fried rice is a delicious and easy dish that you can make at home in no time. It is a great way to use up leftover rice and vegetables, and it is a versatile dish that can be served as a main course or as a side dish. So next time you’re looking for a quick and easy meal, try making veg fried rice!