In the realm of Indian cuisine, the allure of aromatic spices and delectable flavours is irresistible. Achari Paneer Tikka, a popular appetiser, combines the richness of paneer with the tanginess of pickling spices, creating a mouthwatering dish that’s perfect for any occasion. Follow this step-by-step guide to bring the essence of Indian spices to your kitchen.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- 250g Paneer (cubed)
- 1 cup Thick Curd
- 2 tablespoons Mustard Oil
- 1 tablespoon Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 2 tablespoons Achari Masala
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 teaspoon Red Chili Powder
- Salt to taste
- Fresh Coriander Leaves (for garnish)
- Lemon wedges (for serving)
Marinating the Paneer:
- Prepare the Marinade: In a bowl, mix thick curd, mustard oil, ginger-garlic paste, achari masala, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, and salt. This flavorful combination forms the base of your marinade.
- Add the Paneer: Gently fold in the paneer cubes, ensuring each piece is coated with the marinade. Allow it to marinate for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator, letting the spices infuse into the paneer.
- Preheat the Grill or Oven: Whether using a grill or oven, preheat it to medium-high heat.
- Thread the Paneer: Skewer the marinated paneer cubes onto skewers, leaving a little space between each piece for even cooking.
- Grill or Bake: Place the skewers on the grill or in the oven. Cook until the paneer turns golden brown and has a slightly charred appearance, flipping the skewers halfway through to ensure uniform cooking.
- Baste with Oil: While grilling, baste the paneer with a little oil or melted butter to enhance its succulence.
- Garnish with Freshness: Once the paneer is grilled to perfection, garnish it with fresh coriander leaves. The vibrant green adds a burst of colour and a hint of freshness to the dish.
- Serve with Lemon Wedges: Accompany your Achari Paneer Tikka with lemon wedges. Squeezing a wedge over the tikka just before consuming enhances the flavours and adds a zesty kick.
Customisation Tips: Adjust Spice Levels:
Depending on your spice preference, you can increase or decrease the quantity of red chilli powder in the marinade.
- Experiment with Achari Masala:
Explore different brands of Achari Masala or even try making your own blend to tailor the flavour to your liking.
Achari Paneer Tikka, with its harmonious blend of spices and textures, is a delightful journey for your taste buds. Crafting this appetiser at home not only brings the flavours of India to your kitchen but also allows for personalization to suit your palate. Whether enjoyed as a snack, appetiser, or party dish, this recipe is sure to elevate your culinary skills and impress your guests.